First Down For Fitness
Atlanta Falcons First Down for Fitness presented by Kimberly-Clark Professional, the employees of Marsh & McLennan Agency and Publix Supermarkets is a three-month program (September 3 through November 29, 2013) is designed to challenge third through seventh grade students throughout the state of Georgia to participate in fitness activities, eat healthy and lead a healthy lifestyle. The program incorporates components of the NFL’s Play 60 initiative, the American Heart Association, and Fuel Up to Play 60 nutrition program available through the Southeast United Dairy Industry Association (SUDIA).
Teachers must register online at www.atlantafalcons.com/firstdownforfitness as well as:
- Provide a copy of your county or school’s wellness plan—(unless we already have it on file)
- Agree that each participating student will engage in 60 minutes of physical activity at least five days a week and have at least one discussion a week relative to healthy eating and healthy lifestyles
- Students who complete the program will receive a signed certificate signed by First Down for Fitness Ambassador Atlanta Falcons Punter Matt Bosher and Head Coach Mike Smith
- Registered teachers will receive Atlanta Falcons memorabilia
- Participating schools will receive physical fitness equipment
- Participating classes will receive the following:
- A chance to receive a school visit from Atlanta Falcons players and cheerleaders
- A chance to receive a school visit from the Fuel Up to Play 60 program through SUDIA when you register your school in the Fuel Up to Play 60 program at www.fueluptoplay60.com.
- A chance to receive a visit from Freddie Falcon and learn more about his P.L.A.Y. Book for Fitness Program: www.atlantafalcons.com/freddie.
- A chance to receive tickets to a 2013 Falcons home game
- A chance to be a part of the Falcons Fitness Flag Crew at a 2013 Falcons home game
- Play 60 Challenge teacher guide and student game planners
- Five (5) registered teachers will be selected at the 2013-2014 First Down for Fitness Teachers of the Year. Teachers can nominate themselves or be nominated by an administrator, fellow teacher, student or parent and recipients will be selected based on their dedication and innovative approach to the program. Each Teacher of the Year winner will receive a $1,000 grant to purchases physical fitness equipment for their school.
- Participating teachers can visit www.americanheart.org/whatmovesu to download sample lesson plans, view classroom physical fitness activities and explore more great resources
Fuel Up To Play 60
- Participating schools can sign up online at www.fueluptoplay60.com. The website contains information to help you and your students make healthy changes in your school including information about how to apply for grants up to $4000 to make those healthy changes.
- Participating adults can register as a supporter or program advisor.
- Participating students can enter challenges, earn badges, and learn more about eating healthy and staying fit.